Thursday, September 24, 2009

Moving makes me sleepy!

so we are in the middle of packing for our big move. Its only a big move in my mind actually, since we'll only be about 2 miles from where we live now. But nonetheless, it is exhausting to go through all the clutter, try to de-clutter, and put the survivors in a box securely wrapped and accurately labelled. All the while two little boys walking around my house think "ooh a new box, lets climb in it and explore whats inside, perhaps we can somehow use everything in it to build today's fort!". Exhaustign I tell you! I am too worn out to even estimate how many times I've repacked the same boxes after finding their reminants strewn about the house. It makes me think I'm losing it, I sit there confused for a minute scannning my mind for some memory of whether or not I thought this particular item was already taken care of. The decluttering is a whole 'nother nervous breakdown waiting to happen for me. I don't know where I got so much stuff, or why I can't seem to part with it. I'm not a hoarder or anything by any means. I don't keep trash, just things that mean something to me....but you'd be suprised by what I can seem to attach meaning to. I cant make myself get rid of anything that had belonged to my grandpa when he was alive. Now that he's gone there is such a limited amount of things that he actually touched, things that he had loved, things I can pass on to the boys some day. But to anyone else, they would look like completely useless objects. I also have a irrational inability to part with anything from when the boys were babies. Who knows if we'll ever have more, and the two we do have grow like weeds, so I think I kind of cling to these tiny little blankets and booties and what nots... they smell like sweet little babys. God, it just occured to me that if I ever get alzheimers or anything I'll drive myself even more crazy losing memories. I hold all this stuff, so that I don't forget the memory attached to it, if I couldnt remember the memory anymore.. what would I have? Interesting. Anyways, to make me even more crazy the exact day (or week) of the move isnt even known yet. I think we get keys today, but first we'll be bug bombing, then hiring a cleaning service to make sure any reminants from the bug bombs are gone and don't poison my little angels. Then finally the new carpet and wood floors will go in and a few repairs and touch up paint.. yay! I cant wait till we're all moved in and I can begin the dreaded task of unpacking all this stuff! If I have any energy left at all that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment