Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Out of Darkness Comes Light

A few days ago I was going on my merry way, a routine day, nothing out of the ordinary... then I was stopped dead in my tracks, when, by what could be explained by nothing less than divine intervention I was made to cross paths with the story (blog) of an amazing little spitfire girl and her family. Her name is Aviana and she was with her grandma and grandpa in Roseville and as he held her crossing the street a driver ran a red light and hit them. Aviana barely survived and her chances looked grim. I read her moms almost daily blog with tears soaking my cheeks. There were times I had to put the laptop down and just cry for this poor mother and father and the pain and helplessness they must have been feeling..and for their beautiful little angel girl that fought a fight no one should ever have to at the brave but tender age of not even 3 years old. It was both heartbreaking and heartwarming to me...and I wish Aviana and her incredibly strong parents all the best in the world. I wish I could express to them that they truly are my heroes for all they have survived, because I dont think I could have, and certainly not nearly as eloquently as they have done. Anyways, as I read on and on it made me think about how I scold my boys for climbing the furniture, pass out time outs for talking back, and revoke special treats for not doing what they've been told and instead emptying out their dresser drawers. It made me feel so unappreciative when faced with what this other mother was witnessing. It made me realize that the things that seem like such big deals right at this moment, could become meaningless things in the face of bigger obstacles a moment later. It made me think of how selfish and silly I must be to sit here and cry with frustration on days when it seems like they just wont listen to a word I say and will do nothing but wrestle and fight at naptime. It made me realize that that mother would have given anything she could to have those moments back with her daughter. To be able to see her climb the furniture, make mischief, even talk back would have been music to her ears after all she'd experienced. My point is, I hope I never take my kids for granted and never fail to not realize the magic and blessing in every single second I get to have them in my life...healthy, happy, and true to themselves. I know we all forget, and I know its so easy to do...but because of sweet little Aviana and her story I will never again think of the ways I wish my kids could be and act...the places I wish we could go if they would just cooperate.. I will be thankful for the lack of stress and strife we've had in our wonderful lives. I will play one more game even when I'm tired, read one more bedtime story everynight, and request and deliver more hugs and kisses every chance I get. Thank you Aviana and Family for making me realize just how very very blessed I am and how quickly your blessings could be taken away and turned into other things you never in a million years thought you would live through. Like I said.. I wish her all the strength, happiness, health, and love in the world...because were it not for her I might have thought today was just another day and not my own little world of miracles because of the amazing people I have in my life and the angels we have watching over us.

I love you boys! And I will love you more than anyone has ever loved you...till the end of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment