Sunday, September 27, 2009

A new hat to wear?

So, not really sure how I feel about this... but someone very important to me has assigned me a new mission in life. She said she found my passion...and she knows how I should channel it. Apparently I was born to write a book. A book on motherhood and finding a path of goodness within it, having grown up in a world that was somewhat lacking of real mothers and real family situations. It is something I truly struggle with, maybe struggle isn't the appropriate word, but something I stress about. Its hard to know how to be the kind of mother I truly want to be, when I didn't grow up with a mother anything like that. Instead of a laundry list of things I should do and should be, it's the opposite. My life as a mother is based purely on what NOT to do to my kids. It's hard. I think my best motherly influences came from television and everyone knows how healthy that is for the psyche. I strive for June Cleaver-ism and thats very unachievable. I don't know how I feel about the entire book idea, but I shall bounce it around in my head from now either until forever, or until the day I decide she's right and actually do it. We'll see what happens. It is kind of a compliment to know someone thinks I'm successful enough at what I do to write an entire book on it though. Very flattering actually, considering I'm rather hard on myself and would usually consider myself far from having achieved what I set out to be. Thanks for the ego boost lady! lol

1 comment:

  1. I think writing a book is a great idea. I've thought about it myself. good luck with it!

    BTW, I'm Krissy from CafeMom.

    ReplyDelete