Monday, March 29, 2010

…I’m feeling fly..

I woke up this morning. Monday... monday’s are ugly. Fuck, I'll be honest mornings are ugly in my world. I thought being a grown up would make mornings bearable for me. Either I'm not a grown up yet or its just not in me ;)  Its all overcast today too, my beautiful spring sunshine has gone into hiding for the week. Nonetheless, the cards were stacked against me, but I woke up feeling bulletproof. I've got the fire in my belly today, I'm ready to go conquer the world. I love that feeling. I wish it could be bottled. I'd stock up. It's the "I'm infinitely happy for no particular reason" scent. And it smells wonderful. I wonder if other people are lucky enough to feel that feeling as often as I do. I think other people think it's strange too, because I come across so many people at work that look at me with a look of confusion, questioning why I'm so happy about working a barely above minimum wage-job in the music department at a bookstore. That in itself is why I'm happy. I love music so deep down in my core. Its probably in every little spec of my DNA. I love getting out of the house, I love meeting new people, I love talking about music, I love having a job in a sad ass economy. Ahh, why not be happy.. things could be worse in a million different ways, but they aren't. Why not enjoy it? Its my belief that people deprive themselves of true happiness these days, and I'm not sure why. To the people I see in the world, happiness is measured in things bought at the mall, cars that would have looked liked monster trucks to us 25 years ago, and a shiny, sparkly facade that is like a day to day theatrical reenactment of what a perfect life might look like. Its ridiculous. I want to yell at people to go outside. Go climb a mountain! Go get your feet muddy! Breathe the air, touch the water, soak it up. Laugh, laugh with other people, laugh at yourself, be still and notice the grace and awe inspiring things in everyday life, they are literally right in front of you.. and that, in my opinion, is where a more genuine kind of happiness lies. Its why I smile =)                      

No comments:

Post a Comment