Wednesday, March 31, 2010

midnight rambling…

I love coming home from work when its like this. Almost midnight, quiet town, quiet street, quiet house. I sit at the bar in my kitchen, drink the cold beer I stashed for myself before I left for work. I sit here and think ridiculously profound thoughts. Things concerning life, death, religion, healthcare, whatever has crossed my mind and gotten stuck there throughout my day. Deep, meaningless, useless thoughts. .. floating around heavy with purpose, but with nothing to apply them to. Then I ponder what to eat.. there's half a carton of strawberries, my old friend ramen, and the half-gallon of rocky road ice cream I fantasized about all night at work.. gah.. I should just go to bed. I wish someone would carry me like when I was little and fell asleep in front of the television set.

No comments:

Post a Comment