Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Fever

I get spring fever worse than anyone I think I know. I absolutely cannot wait for it to be nice and warm outside. I’m totally spoiled by living where I do, because in the general scope of things, its pretty mild here. The summers get ridiculously hot, but it doesn’t snow or anything, doesn’t rain too much. And yet, I despise the winter..the way it makes me feel both physically and mentally. And I LOVE the feeling of spring beginning to come to life.

So, its been nice the past few days (except today, my day off from work, of course) so me and the boys soaked up some sunshine the other day while they played in the backyard and I pulled weeds and mowed the lawn. Mowing, isn’t exactly the right word maybe… did battle with, seems more fitting. This was the first time the yard’s had any attention since last summer, the weeds were almost as tall as me, and the grass went up to my shins. Oh, did I mention my lawn mower is the old school push mower kind. No electricity needed, no gas needed, just a lot of elbow grease…ALOT!

Now that was the day before yesterday, and let me first say.. playing outside in the yard felt oh so good. Good to the core. Soul Cleansing. Renewing. Inspiring. Sweet. The downside, to all this wonderfulness I encountered, was my seasonal allergies :(  I’ve been dying ever since. I seriously feel like my throat is swelling shut. Even my coffee hurt. I’m nothing without my coffee! I’m practically inhuman. And to top it off, my back and shoulders, neck, and well.. body in general, hurt so flippin bad. I’m apparently too old for lawn mowings at the ripe age of 26. Wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment